A quick Google indicated that, like a virus, the rules have mutated over time and there now seem to be several strains floating around the interwebosphere. According to F&D's post, as a nominee my responsibilities are to:
- Post 11 facts about myself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated me
- Nominate 11 other blogs and ask them 11 questions of my own
- Display one of the many Liebster award badges
- Notify my nominees/recipients, each of whom should have fewer than 200 subscribers
Without further ado, here are five facts about me:
- There are very few foods I really dislike, but one of them is olives.
- I played water polo in high school, but I was so terrible at it that I only scored one goal in the three years I played.
- When my wisdom teeth were taken out I kept the ones that came out whole and named them Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.
- I have seen every Gilbert and Sullivan play there is, even Ruddigore.
- I can only tie my shoes the bunny-ears way. It took me so long to get that right that investing the time to learn another way to accomplish the same goal just seemed stupid.
My answers to my nominators' questions:
- What is one food that you’ve eaten at least once, that really grosses you out? Duck brain. There's a whole story behind this, which I should really tell someday.
- Which animal would you most expect to see in your nightmares? My cat maybe? I don't find animals especially scary, at least not in the abstract.
- What’s the best award/prize you’ve ever won (other than the Liebster, of course)? I'm not really the prize-winning type, but I did make it on Gadling's list of the best FS blogs. That's pretty cool.
- What’s the best prank/practical joke you’ve ever pulled AND/OR had pulled on you? In grade school a kid who rode my bus dropped his jacket without noticing and I stuffed it partway in a trash can the bus would pass on the way out. On the bus people saw it and laughed, and he freaked out and had to run and get it just like I wanted. His name was Alexander, and I had a crush on him.
- What is the most likely reason you would ever end up in jail? Consular visit. I'm a goody two-shoes.
- What is the one thing about you that most annoys YOU (answer honestly, not as if this is a job interview)? Hypocrisy.
- Your house is on fire and you can only go back in for one thing…Why is your house on fire??? Electrical problems, gotta be. I've learned a lot about current and grounding since I moved here, but you never know...
- What is the worst advice anyone has ever given you? Plastics.
- What is the biggest mishap you’ve ever had while traveling? Pickpocketed in Spain. Only lost some cash and a cell phone though.
- In retrospect, what’s the worst fashion/style choice you’ve ever made (photos welcome!) All of them. I hate fashion - it makes no sense to me. And I think the feeling is mutual.
- What is the strangest gift anyone has ever given you? A carved wooden statue of a naked woman. It doesn't really go with my decor.
Five questions for my nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but never actually done?
- What is one thing you've accomplished that you're really proud of?
- If you could give one piece of advice to yourself 10 years ago, what would it be?
- If you won the lottery and didn't have to work, what would you do?
And the nominees are: